Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The L.A. Arboretum

Remember when you were a kid reading Anne of Green Gables, and you wished you were Anne living on beautiful Prince Edward Island in a beautiful little cottage in the late 19th century?...No?...Just me?...Ok then.  Anyway, when I visited the L.A. Arboretum a couple of weeks ago I could not stop thinking about how my twelve-year-old self would have just died walking through this place because that's exactly what it reminded me of.  It was amazing and breathtaking and exactly the stuff Lucy Maud Montgomery novels are made of.  Good thing it was just Fiona and me, or someone else would have seen the idiot grin I had from ear to ear the entire time.  Here are some pictures I took of this beautiful place:




















We walked around for nearly 2 hours, but I could have done it all day.  With this baby girl, though, you can't really do anything for much longer than an hour and a half.  The sun was setting anyway, and it was beginning to get cold, so we left the serenity of this place to hop into my first experience with the dreaded L.A. traffic.  It was horrible.  I mean horrible.  L.A. Traffic is one thing, but L.A. traffic with a hungry baby and a nanny calling wondering why you're hours late for dinner is something completely different.  Let's just say a 40 minute drive turning into a 2 hour crawl and a baby screaming bloody murder for 30 minutes (and this is no exaggeration, my friends) makes a mother do crazy things.  Like miraculously crossing 4 lanes of parked traffic to get off at a random exit to pull into a very sketchy McDonald's at night, and feed an extremely fed up baby on the bathroom counter.  I was not lovin' it.  

I think it's safe to say I had my best and worst L.A. experiences all in one day.  

1 comment:

  1. To: My Kindred Spirit Krystal!

    Will you take me with you next time?!!

    All of my love!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...