Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Thought Having a Newborn was Challenging...

...then I had a 6 1/2 month old.



Gone are the days when I could set this baby girl down for a second while I loaded the washing machine, or brushed my teeth, or made a snack, or talked on the phone, or messed around on the computer or...basically gone are the days when I could do anything without this kid getting into something.  

She is a curious little munchkin and loves to touch anything you don't give her to play with.  Literally.  If I want her to play with something I have to pretend she's not supposed to have it, and set away from her until she eventually gets to it.  If I simply hand it to her she's not interested.  

Putting her down for a nap has become a bit complicated as well.  She will roll over onto her belly and try to make a crawl for it no matter how tired I know she is.  It's seriously a wrestling match for about 15 minutes with me constantly grabbing and rolling her back over until she finally gives in.  

She won't eat food without grabbing the spoon to try and do it herself, this little independent woman.  I put a spoon in each one of her hands so that she can't grab the one I'm using to feed her!

Aah yes, those days are long gone, and she's just barely crawling!  I can't even begin to imagine how tough it's going to be when she starts to walk.  This stage is definitely tiring, but oh so fun!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...