Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Valentine's Day Gift

I've been thinking of creative gifts to make Evan for Valentine's day, and I came across this super-easy gift idea.  It was so cute and easy that I couldn't wait, so I did it early.  And I thought I'd share it just case anyone else wants to do it for their loved-one!

All you need is a photo frame with a good-sized, white matte, a photo to fit, and a pen.  I already had this frame lying around the house.  It's an 8x10 frame with a matte for a 5x7 photo.  

Take out the matte and write the lyrics to "your song" on the matte.  Our song is "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" by Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons.  We danced to it at our wedding, so I printed a photo of our first dance.  Your writing doesn't have to be perfect; I think that makes it even more personal and brings charm to a thoughtful gift.

And that's it!

PS - If you want to check out the website to Evan's Book (and maybe want to start personalizing your own book) here it is.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...