Thursday, December 1, 2011

On Staying In...

The past 3 months have been pretty much the most amazing of my life.  Being a mother is so much more wonderful than I ever could have expected, but I have a confession to make...  I would be fibbing a tiny bit if I said I didn't sometimes feel a little left behind.  By what, I don't even know.  It's not like I was ever some crazy party animal that is now awaiting the next time I can be unleashed to wreak havoc on the town.  I've always been a little bit of a homebody.  And staying home with my baby girl is the absolute best.  I mean, I seriously miss her if I'm gone longer than an hour and a half.

But sometimes...just sometimes.  When the most exciting part of my day is drinking a cup of coffee while watching Keeping up with the Kardashians, I think it would be quite nice to go on a date with my husband or to be able to wander around Whole Foods longer than 20 minutes before things go sour and I have a cranky baby in a sling and people looking at me like I'm an ax-murderer.

However, even on her crankiest days when all I want to do is hurry and put her to bed then head to the local bar and toss back a cocktail or five, we lay down together and I stroke her hair while nursing her to sleep, and I find that I don't want to be anywhere but right there with her.

Why would anyone ever want to leave this?
It makes me want to give her a million kisses!

2 comments:

  1. Oh momma...I feel the same way! I just wish I lived on your side of town so we could be home bodies together! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put into words what many of us Mothers feel, but don't know how to express! Love ya so much! Fionna's cheeks are screaming for Aunt Lis to kiss them up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...