I made these jars to give to neighbors and friends for Christmas.
I love them! They're cute and simple.
Mixing the contents of the jar and just a couple other ingredients makes some super yummy blondie bars.
Here's how to make them:
In a quart jar layer:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces or butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Fasten the lid and attach the following baking instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine 1/4 cup of melted butter, 2 lightly beaten eggs, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Stir in the contents of the jar.
- Spread into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Edges should begin to pull away from pan. Cool in the pan on a wire rack and cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.