Monday, August 15, 2011

Boulder City

My lovely friend Janelle works at the Boulder City Hospital, which is about 15 or 20 minutes from where I live.  She's super busy with work and studying right now, so the only way I could see her was to come to her on her break.  So this past Thursday we hung out for a while over a McDonald's lunch in the hospital break room.  



Janelle and I have known each other since the 4th grade.  She was my very first friend after moving to Las Vegas when I was 10.  We love each other like family, and she's leaving for San Diego at the end of the month - I'm so sad!  At least the visits will be fun.  Can't wait to take baby to the beach!!!


Anyway, I took advantage of the little drive to Boulder City by taking myself on a little day-date after lunch.

Boulder City is a cute little town just outside of Las Vegas.  I love the little antique shops and quaint restaurants they have there.  No offense to anyone from Boulder City, but that's about all they have there.  Driving through it is like going back in time a few decades.  It's like I traded in our Acura for a DeLorean.

This shop has THE BEST candles I have ever smelled, I used to drive here just for the candles.
Of course I got one (melon), and I checked out their holiday candles.  
Oh.  My.  Lord.
I'm not even into the holidays and I can't wait to buy them.
Our house will for sure be the best-smelling house during this holiday season.

Just another little shop.

This little candy shop was so cute!
I actually didn't want anything (I know, right...ME?!?!).  
Well, I was feeling the effects of a McDonald's lunch.  
UGH.  Even just a grilled cheese from there can make you sick.
But I wanted to look around and take a couple pictures, and I thought I'd seem less 
like a freak if I actually bought something.

So I got some ice cream.


And then took some pictures.


This kind of thing is what I love about Vegas.  Yes, we have gambling and strip clubs and it's party party party.  But that part of the city is so miniscule compared to what else is around here.  

For those who aren't into all that - like me - you can get in your car and drive 20 minutes and experience something completely different like the lake, or the mountains or to a little place that seems like a trip back in time.  It's nice.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and will continue to read in the future. Would love for you to return the favor!!


    http://kelleyerobinson.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...