Monday, July 25, 2011

Evan's Birthday

Evan is always the BEST at making my birthday so special.  Our first year together he planned an elaborate surprise birthday party for me that was absolutely amazing, and just last year he took me on a surprise trip to Zion.  

I always wish that I could make his special day just as memorable as he always makes mine, but I think I'm going to need a little practice.  I'm THE WORST at planning.  Seriously.  This is a girl who drove to Mexico on a whim during Spring Break with no money, no idea where I was going, and a reservation to a hotel I had no idea how to find.  Let's just say it did not end well.  Another Spring Break I spontaneously took a trip to San Francisco with a friend.  We did book a flight, and we might have had hotel arrangements for the first night.  But we pretty much hopped around the city with our crap for the next 6 days and stayed anywhere that had an open room that particular night.  7 nights in 6 different hotels, I think.  Anyway, back to the point..... Which is that I am a crappy planner.  

Evan is the most wonderful husband and I think he deserves the best.  He works so hard to make his family - and pretty much everyone around him - happy.  And although I plan to one day be able to give him the biggest, most extravagant birthday surprise, he says all he wants is to spend it hanging out with family and close friends with the grill fired up and some drinks.  This is just one reason why I love him.


A morning "happy birthday, daddy" greeting from the doggies.
Even they think he's the best!

An adorable home-made card by Evan Jr.

Dinner at his favorite place - Yardhouse - with family and some close friends.







Then some of us went to Blue Martini for some drinks afterward.  
(Don't worry, it was water and coffee for me)
:)

It was great to have family together to celebrate Evan's day, I hope he knows just how special he is.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...