I'm absolutely addicted to sweets. For me there's no such thing as too rich or decadent. I want to have lots of sweet treats at my baby shower at the end of this month, so I figure I should try out some new recipes now. This one is definitely a winner:
Kahlua Mini Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup of Kahlua
- 1 package of any Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 8oz package of cream cheese, softened in the microwave for about 30 seconds
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 8oz of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (for chocolate sauce)
- 1/4 cup of Kahlua (for chocolate sauce)
- 12oz of dark chocolate (for chocolate sauce)
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (for chocolate sauce)
- 2oz White chocolate for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven 350º. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, cream cheese and Kahlua in a mixing bowl. Blend on medium for about 5 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill a greased mini bundt pan (each about 3/4 full). Bake about 25-30 minutes.
- For the sauce: In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt butter, heavy cream and Kahlua. Stir constantly until it is melted and combined. You'll want to taste it periodically to make sure the alcohol taste has cooked out. You should be left with just a rich, chocolate taste. Remove from heat and pour over bundts.
- Garnish with melted white chocolate, fresh raspberries, fresh mint and a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
This is one of my favorite cake stands I made out of cute finds from the thrift store.