Saturday, June 4, 2011

I don't know what it is lately, but I can NOT just sit down and relax.  Is this a pregnancy thing?  I hate blaming things on pregnancy - I've found the excuse "You're eating for two" is one of the most annoying phrases I've heard these past 6 months - but, I might have to chalk this issue up to that.  

My mind is constantly going and it's so hard for me to just sit and do nothing.  I've always been a little bit of a busy body.  I can't sit and watch a movie unless I'm doing something else as well.  Books, however, used to be one exception.  I could sit and read for hours without getting up for anything.  I was once up to about 2 novels a week!  On top of a full-time job and extra curricular activities.  I didn't, however, value sleep as much back then.  Most 22-year olds don't.  So I've decided to take it easy and sit to read once in a while.  After all, how often will I have a chance to once the baby is born?  

My first pick:  Jane Eyre  

I don't know how I graduated with a degree in English never having read it in full.  I've started it, but never finished.  Plus, there's a new movie version that I can watch afterwards.  Hopefully I won't be one of those people who obnoxiously compares it to the book, mentions to people who don't care all the parts that were left out and lists all the reasons the book is better than the movie.  If you know someone who has read the Harry Potter books, you know what I'm talking about.  Yes, I've read the Harry Potter books.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...