Friday, April 1, 2011

The All-American Sport

Ok, so I always thought that because I have (at least I think I have) a sense of humor, I could "hang" with the guys and be one of those cool chicks that sits around, drinks beer and shoots the proverbal shit.  Maybe I can to some extent, but I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am NOT a sports person. I tried!  I just don't care who's who and what position they play or what team they're on.  No, I am not that cool chick that knows the history of the NFL or will show up to the Super Bowl party sporting her favorite team's colors.  Unfortunately, the extent of my sports knowledge is whether or not a player has dated a Kardashian.  I briefly got into college basketball but that's only because I liked attending the UNLV games.  And that's only because they serve awesome beer.

So, needless to say, it was a little tough getting into Evan Jr.'s baseball games when he started a few years ago.  I didn't know baseball.  At all.  I didn't know an activity where you can sit around and take breaks to eat sliced oranges and sunflower seeds even was a sport!!!  But it is, and 5-year-olds are damn cute playing it.

A few years later, I find myself having fun watching these games!  It's insane how much children develop in 2 years.  I used to wander around the park during the games, stopping at the baseball field every 20 minutes to see if Evan Jr. was up to bat yet so I could cheer him on then get back to my regular business.  Five-year olds are cute playing t-ball but, I'll be honest... those were looooong games.

Now his games are so intense and fun, and he is getting to be SUCH a great little ball player.  I can't walk around because there is always something going on, and I usually actually understand it.  This season started a few weeks ago, and he's on a team called the Angels.  So far they're undefeated.  Here are some pictures of opening day.  Is that what it's called?  Whatever...



The baseball bag is bigger than he is!  He carries it like a pro though.



Little Angels... At least, that's what the uniforms say.



T-shirts painted by Evan Litt.







So serious!



So cute!!



The Litts



Ready Postition


Evan Jr. and Nana!


This was seriously such a beautiful day.  Maybe I can get into sports after all.  At least when Evan Jr. plays them.  Which is good practice in case we have another boy.  Oh brother...

1 comment:

  1. It is so wonderful to watch your little ones grow, flourish and progress. God did an amazing thing by giving us offspring! Just wait till the new "little Litt" comes into the world! Your joy is going to quadruple! I'm so happy for you, momma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...